When it’s time to move and you want to buy a house, you can buy either a brand-new home or one that’s been previously lived in. Both options have their pros and cons, and it’s ultimately your choice. Today, however, new home builds offer a wide range of benefits not offered in the past. Enticing offerings like included energy-efficient appliances and windows make brand-new homes very popular among potential buyers. There has been no better time than now to invest in a new construction home.
Of course, you will want more information before diving into homeownership. Here are some of the advantages of purchasing a new construction home in Wheeling, IL instead of an existing home:
- Low maintenance costs: A significant financial benefit of buying a new construction home is low-cost maintenance. The majority of older homes have older plumbing, electrical systems, large appliances and HVAC systems. Brand-new homes, on the other hand, come ready with brand-new appliances and plumbing and electrical systems. You shouldn’t have to worry about costly maintenance and repairs for years.
- Move-in convenience: Even though your realtor will set up a home inspection before finalizing a home offer, this does not guarantee that everything is working fine or structurally sound. With a new construction home, the builder ensures that everything is updated. The plumbing, electricity, foundation, roof—you name it, they’ve installed and checked it. Any problems will be remedied before you move in. Additionally, new home builds often come with quality washer and dryer, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more already installed.
- All-around energy efficiency: Modern construction homes coupled with built-in technology offer the added benefit of energy efficiency. These new homes meet certain energy standards and requirements, and are built with the latest advances in construction materials. Insulated walls and ceilings reduce heat loss in winter and keep cool air inside in the summer, while high-efficiency HVAC also helps to reduce energy usage. All this means you can expect to see lower utility bills right off the bat.
- Warranties: When you buy an existing previously-lived-in home, you get the option of purchasing a home warranty yourself. The thing about warranties for older homes is that most home warranty companies don’t cover certain appliances, systems or features at all or completely. If you buy a new construction home, however, everything in it is covered by a good warranty. You can rest easier at night knowing the builder will cover the cost of any issues during the warranty period.
- Clean slate: A new home build is always a clean slate for the new homeowner. From the start, you get the floorplan of your dreams and the features you want, instead of having to live with or replace ugly things like dated carpet, wallpaper and ancient, energy-sucking appliances. The builder does all the heavy lifting—all you have to do is move yourself in!
Call Arch Pro LLC today to begin discussing your new construction home in Wheeling, IL. Let us help you make your dream home a reality!
Categorised in: Uncategorized